Friday, September 07, 2007

A whiff of freedom ?

I cringe each time I have to feed in a User ID and Password as I log in and out of applications. When technology is enabling so many things, why is it that a simple authentication protocol that is acceptable across applications be designed? Can it not be planted in the cloud and make it universally accessible? A choice of word processor or contact manager shouldn’t prevent you from seamlessly communicating and sharing with other applications, but today you can’t easily cut-and-paste or share among Web 2.0 applications, user interfaces are all over the map and each requires a unique log in.

I don’t think it should be a big deal. Finally, there’s some whiff of freedom as I read that the application as we have known it is being redefined. During the Office 2.0 Conference, a panel of software vendors discussed the future of application and rise of Web-based applications with collaboration at the core. Seems there's someone out there that cringes like I do.
.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home